The Red House is a substantial and historic property. Lord Caernarvon, in the name of his sister Amelia, had the property built in 1925 as one of the chain of ‘The Red House’ lodgings for the aristocracy in major cities around the world. During the Second World War it was commandeered as a convalescent home for recovering RAF officers. After the war, in 1947, the property was sold and developed into 4 flats.
On entering the property there is a panelled entrance way with staircase to the first floor where entrance to Flat 3 can be found. Throughout the main floor the flat boasts exceptionally fine oak parquet floors with a marquetry surround. The large south facing sitting room has a highly efficient feature working stone fireplace,
and a charming bay window with bay seating. The kitchen itself provides a stunning south facing bay window which allows plenty of light and there is more than enough space to accommodate a table and chairs. The master bedroom, which benefits from the afternoon sun and evening sunset has generous bespoke glass fronted wardrobes offering plenty of hanging and storage space. Under the carpet a special floating insulation and soundproofing layer has been installed. Also on this level we have a family bathroom, shower room and bedroom 4/office for those who work from home. The top floor has a spacious and light landing with sitting area. There are two double bedrooms with the second bedroom providing a dressing area and bathroom.
The Red House stands in its own grounds behind a brick wall with a front gate and an entrance from Lansdowne Road into a parking area. A front garden on two levels offers a pleasant south facing lawn and established flower beds. To the rear is another garden which is suitable for barbecues and group events and the most suitable area for children to play.
The Red House
A stunning Period Residence
Wonderful South Facing Living Room
Share of Freehold
No Onward Chain.
- West Hove Juniors Hove Junior School, Portland Road, Hove BN3 5JA - Website - 01273 295484
- St. Andrew's C.E. Primary School, Belfast Street, Hove BN3 3YT - Website - 01273 294800
- Somerhill Junior School, Somerhill Road, Hove BN3 1RP - Website - 01273 739659
- Davigdor Infant School, Somerhill Road, Hove BN3 1RG - Website - 01273 731397
- St. Christophers, Hove 33 New Church Road, Hove BN3 4AD - Website - 01273 735404
- Aldrington CE Primary School, Eridge Road, Hove, East Sussex BN3 7QD - Website - 01273 542656
- Cottesmore St Mary's Catholic School, The Upper Drive, Hove BN3 6NB - Website - 01273 555811
- Goldstone Primary School, Laburnum Avenue, Hove BN3 7JW - Website - 01273 294851
- Hangleton School Hangleton School, Dale View, BN3 8LF - Website - 01273 294874
- West Blatchington Primary School, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 8BN - Website - 01273 770777
- See Saw Preschool, 71 New Church Road, Hove BN3 4BB - Website - 01273 727944
- Blatchington Mill School, Nevill Avenue, Hove, BN3 7BW - Website - 01273 736244
- St Mary Magdalen's RC School, Spring Street, Brighton BN1 3EF - Website - 01273 327533
- St Paul's CE Primary School, St Nicholas Road, Brighton BN1 3LP -
Website - 01273 721001
- Middle Street Primary School, Middle Street, Brighton BN1 1AL - Website - 01273 323184
- Stanford Infant School, Highcroft Villas, Brighton BN1 5PS - Website - 01273 555240
- St Bernadette's RC School, Preston Road, Brighton BN1 6UT - Website - 01273 553813
- Carlton Hill Primary School, Sussex Street, Brighton BN2 9HS - Website - 01273 604966
- St Bartholomew's CE Primary School, Ann Street, Brighton BN1 4GP - Website - 01273 692463
- St Mary's RC Primary School, Church Road, Portslade BN41 1LB - Website - 01273 418416
- Benfield Primary School, 255 Old Shoreham Road, Portslade BN41 1XS - Website - 01273 294950
- St Peter's Infant School, St. Peters Road, Portslade-by-Sea BN41 1LS - Website - 01273 296712
Lansdowne Road, Hove, East Sussex BN3 1FE, UK