As featured in House Beautiful
Aubrey House, Rottingdean, is a quintessentially charming family home. This period property is steeped in history and offers nearly 5000 sq ft of unique living accommodation.
The picturesque and historic village of Rottingdean is a truly exceptional part of the vibrant, fashionable City of Brighton. Only 4 miles from the city centre along the spectacular coast road, the village community includes an eclectic range of shops and pubs as well as a library, museum, historic churches and gorgeous public gardens.
This exceptional home is flooded with light and each room offers a superb outlook over the village green to the front or uninterrupted down land views to the rear. Internally the ground floor exudes character and features a wonderful drawing room, Edwin Lutyens designed library, a lovely glass roofed kitchen breakfast room and a separate dining room/study.
On the first and second floors are the 5 bedrooms and three bathrooms. From certain rooms you have access to 3 individual balconies and a roof terrace. A useful basement provides a great area for laundry and utility and ample storage space.
Outside the exceptionally well landscaped gardens oozes tranquillity. A flint barn and tastefully designed extension comprises an indoor heated swimming pool, sauna, shower, cloakroom, small kitchen and mezzanine level bedroom. To the rear of the garden is off road parking. Internal inspection could not be stressed enough to appreciate the history and charm this property radiates.
Beautiful Village Location
Historic Period House
Indoor Heated Swimming Pool
Local To Award Winning Schools
Gorgeous Family Home
Overlooking Picturesque Green and Pond
Walking Distance To Beach
Former Home Of Sir Edward Burne-Jones & Enid Bagnold
- West Hove Juniors Hove Junior School, Portland Road, Hove BN3 5JA - Website - 01273 295484
- St. Andrew's C.E. Primary School, Belfast Street, Hove BN3 3YT - Website - 01273 294800
- Somerhill Junior School, Somerhill Road, Hove BN3 1RP - Website - 01273 739659
- Davigdor Infant School, Somerhill Road, Hove BN3 1RG - Website - 01273 731397
- St. Christophers, Hove 33 New Church Road, Hove BN3 4AD - Website - 01273 735404
- Aldrington CE Primary School, Eridge Road, Hove, East Sussex BN3 7QD - Website - 01273 542656
- Cottesmore St Mary's Catholic School, The Upper Drive, Hove BN3 6NB - Website - 01273 555811
- Goldstone Primary School, Laburnum Avenue, Hove BN3 7JW - Website - 01273 294851
- Hangleton School Hangleton School, Dale View, BN3 8LF - Website - 01273 294874
- West Blatchington Primary School, Hove, East Sussex, BN3 8BN - Website - 01273 770777
- See Saw Preschool, 71 New Church Road, Hove BN3 4BB - Website - 01273 727944
- Blatchington Mill School, Nevill Avenue, Hove, BN3 7BW - Website - 01273 736244
- St Mary Magdalen's RC School, Spring Street, Brighton BN1 3EF - Website - 01273 327533
- St Paul's CE Primary School, St Nicholas Road, Brighton BN1 3LP -
Website - 01273 721001
- Middle Street Primary School, Middle Street, Brighton BN1 1AL - Website - 01273 323184
- Stanford Infant School, Highcroft Villas, Brighton BN1 5PS - Website - 01273 555240
- St Bernadette's RC School, Preston Road, Brighton BN1 6UT - Website - 01273 553813
- Carlton Hill Primary School, Sussex Street, Brighton BN2 9HS - Website - 01273 604966
- St Bartholomew's CE Primary School, Ann Street, Brighton BN1 4GP - Website - 01273 692463
- St Mary's RC Primary School, Church Road, Portslade BN41 1LB - Website - 01273 418416
- Benfield Primary School, 255 Old Shoreham Road, Portslade BN41 1XS - Website - 01273 294950
- St Peter's Infant School, St. Peters Road, Portslade-by-Sea BN41 1LS - Website - 01273 296712
The Green, Rottingdean, Brighton, BN2 7HA, UK